What You'll Need Before Buying a Google eBook:
- The IndieBound Reader app, available free through Google Play
- A harvard.com account (if you've ordered from us recently you already have one) and a Google Account. Your Android device should already be set up with a Google Account.
Buying your Google eBook:
- Go to our site and search for your eBook
- Add your eBook(s) to your shopping cart, and proceed to checkout.
- The FIRST TIME ONLY when you check out, you will be asked to link your Google Account to your Harvard Book Store account. This will need to be the SAME account that your Android device has already set - if you wish to use a different Google account, you will need to create a new account on your Android device, which you may do at the settings menu.
- Accept the terms and conditions
- Complete Checkout
Reading your Google eBook:
- Open your Google Books app on your Android device.
- The first time you open IndieBound Reader, you will need to enter your Google account name and password. If you have multiple Google Accounts on your device, select the one you linked to your Harvard Book Store account.
- Click “Get Books” at the bottom of your screen to download your eBooks.
- Next to the book you’d like to download, click “Download ePub” (then click “Read Now” when prompted)
- Tap your book to begin reading!