Eyewitness Australia (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Whether you want to enjoy a spectacular sunrise at Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, sip craft beer in one of Melbourne’s many hidden bars or drive along the epic Great Ocean Road, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Australia has to offer.
Australia's scintillating cities are home to world-class galleries, burgeoning foodie scenes and a lively nightlife. Beyond the urban landscape lie some of the most diverse natural wonders on earth. From the sun, sand and surf of Australia’s 10,000 beaches and tropical islands to the World Heritage-listed rainforests, underwater coral gardens and hauntingly beautiful arid interior – this epic landscape never fails to mesmerize and surprise.
Our updated guide brings Australia to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights, trusted travel advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the country's iconic buildings and neighborhoods. We’ve also worked hard to make sure our information is as up-to-date as possible following the COVID-19 outbreak. DK Eyewitness Australia is your ticket to the trip of a lifetime.
Inside DK Eyewitness Australia you will find:
- A fully-illustrated top experiences guide: our expert pick of Australia’s must-sees and hidden gems
- Accessible itineraries to make the most out of each and every day
- Expert advice: honest recommendations for getting around safely, when to visit each sight, what to do before you visit, and how to save time and money
- Color-coded chapters to every part of Australia, from Queensland to New South Wales, Tasmania to Victoria
- Practical tips: the best places to eat, drink, shop and stay
- Detailed maps and walks to help you navigate the country easily and confidently
- Covers: Sydney, New South Wales, Canberra and Australian Capital, Territory, Victoria
Tasmania, South Australia, Queensland, Northern Territory, Western Australia
Only visiting Sydney? Look out for DK Eyewitness Sydney or the pocket-sized Top 10 Sydney.
About DK Eyewitness:
At DK Eyewitness, we believe in the power of discovery. We make it easy for you to explore your dream destinations. DK Eyewitness travel guides have been helping travellers to make the most of their breaks since 1993. Filled with expert advice, striking photography and detailed illustrations, our highly visual DK Eyewitness guides will get you closer to your next adventure. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations, from pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides. Named Top Guidebook Series at the 2020 Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards, we know that wherever you go next, your DK Eyewitness travel guides are the perfect companion.
"Known… for its four-color maps, photos and illustrations, the [DK] Eyewitness Guides are extremely user-friendly for travelers who want their information delivered in a concise, visual way." – Chicago Tribune
"The best option… Color photos, maps, and diagrams bring the place to life." – The Philadelphia Inquirer