The Seminar of Jacques Lacan: The Ethics of Psychoanalysis (Paperback)
At Distributor - We Can Usually Get It in 3-8 Days!
Other Books in Series
This is book number 7 in the Seminar of Jacques Lacan (Paperback) series.
- #1: The Seminar of Jacques Lacan: Freud's Papers on Technique (Paperback): $24.95
- #2: The Ego in Freud's Theory and in the Technique of Psychoanalysis, 1954-1955 (Paperback): $25.00
- #3: The Seminar of Jacques Lacan: The Psychoses (Paperback): $24.95
- #10: Anxiety: The Seminar of Jacques Lacan, Book X (Hardcover): $95.94
- #17: The Seminar of Jacques Lacan: The Other Side of Psychoanalysis (Hardcover): $45.00
- #20: The Seminar of Jacques Lacan: On Feminine Sexuality, the Limits of Love and Knowledge (Paperback): $21.95
One of the most influential French intellectuals of this century, Lacan is seen here at the height of his powers.
Lacan dedicates this seventh year of his famous seminar to the problematic role of ethics in psychoanalysis. Delving into the psychoanalyst's inevitable involvement with ethical questions and "the attraction of transgression," Lacan illuminates Freud's psychoanalytic work and its continued influence. Lacan explores the problem of sublimation, the paradox of jouissance, the essence of tragedy (a reading of Sophocle's Antigone), and the tragic dimension of analytic experience. His exploration leads us to startling insights on "the consequence of man's relationship to desire" and the conflicting judgments of ethics and analysis.
About the Author
The psychoanalyst Jacques Lacan (1901-1981) was one of the twentieth century's most influential thinkers. His many published works include Ecrits and The Seminars.
Jacques-Alain Miller is Director of the Department of Psychoanalysis at the University of Paris VIII and editor of Lacan's Seminars.