Julius Caesar (Shakespeare, Signet Classic) (Mass Market)
At Distributor - We Can Usually Get It in 3-8 Days!
The Signet Classics edition of Shakespeare's timeless tragedy of conspiracy and betrayal.
In the first of his Roman history plays, the Bard tells the story of the murder of emperor Julius Caesar and the gruesome aftermath as ancient Rome descends into a violent mob.
This title in the Signet Classics Shakespeare series includes:
• An overview of Shakespeare's life, world, and theater
• A special introduction to the play by the editors, William and Barbara Rosen
• Selections from Plutarch's Lives of Noble Grecians and Romans, the source from which Shakespeare derived Julius Caesar
• Dramatic criticism from Roy Walker, Maynard Mack, Richard David, and others
• A comprehensive stage and screen history of notable actors, directors, and productions of Julius Caesar
• Text, notes, and commentaries printed in the clearest, most readable format
• Recommended readings
About the Author
William Shakespeare (1564–1616) was a poet, playwright, and actor who is widely regarded as one of the most influential writers in the history of the English language. Often referred to as the Bard of Avon, Shakespeare's vast body of work includes comedic, tragic, and historical plays; poems; and 154 sonnets. His dramatic works have been translated into every major language and are performed more often than those of any other playwright.