Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: The Illustrated Edition, Collector's Edition (Harry Potter, Book 1) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Harry Potter series.
- #2: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (MinaLima Edition) (Illustrated edition) (Hardcover): $37.99
- #3: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Paperback): $12.99
- #4: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: The Illustrated Edition (Harry Potter, Book 4) (Illustrated edition) (Hardcover): $47.99
- #5: Harry Potter y la Orden del Fénix (GRYFFINDOR) / Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (GRYFFINDOR) (Hardcover): $29.95
- #6: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Hardcover): $29.99
- #7: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Hardcover): $34.99
For the first time, J. K. Rowling’s beloved Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone will be presented in a lavishly illustrated full-color edition. Kate Greenaway Award-winning artist Jim Kay has created over 100 stunning illustrations, making this new edition the perfect gift for a child being introduced to the series, as much as for the dedicated fan. In addition to the jacketed hardcover illustrated edition, we are pleased to offer a small-run, high-end, collector’s format in time for the 2015 holiday season. Special features will include:
- Clothbound hardcover in slipcase
- Gold foil stamped artwork on book cover and slipcase
- Gilt-edged pages
- Two-and-a-half-foot-wide accordion-folded removable poster
- Two ribbon bookmarks
- Packed in bespoke individual mailing cartons
- Printed in Italy
About the Author
J.K. Rowling is the author of the seven Harry Potter books, which have sold over 500 million copies, been translated into over 80 languages, and made into eight blockbuster films. She also wrote three short series companion volumes for charity, including Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, which later became the inspiration for a new series of films. Harry’s story as a grown-up was later continued in a stage play, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, which J.K. Rowling wrote with playwright Jack Thorne and director John Tiffany.
In 2020, she returned to publishing for younger children with the fairy tale The Ickabog, which she initially published for free online for children in lockdown, later donating all her book royalties to help vulnerable groups affected by the Covid-19 pandemic.
J.K. Rowling has received many awards and honors for her writing, including for her detective series written under the name Robert Galbraith. She supports a wide number of humanitarian causes through her charitable trust Volant, and is the founder of the children’s care reform charity Lumos.
For as long as she can remember, J.K. Rowling wanted to be a writer, and is at her happiest in a room, making things up. She lives in Scotland with her family.
Jim Kay won the Kate Greenaway Medal in 2012 for his illustrations in A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. Jim studied illustration at the University of Westminster and since graduating has worked in the archives of Tate Britain and the Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew. Jim has produced concept work for television and contributed to a group exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London. He now lives and works in Northamptonshire, England, with his wife.