The Acting Bible: The Complete Resource for Aspiring Actors (Hardcover)
The complete resource for aspiring actors! Includes tips, tricks, and 300+ instructive illustrations
Do you love acting and want to pursue it as a career? Professional acting is both an art and a business, and this book advises beginning actors on how to succeed on both fronts. In this comprehensive and accessible guide, you will learn about:
- Exploring basic acting techniques, including memory exercises and methods for developing stage presence
- Reading scripts effectively and learning to build the character that you will be portraying
- Developing your voice as an actor, imitating regional accents, and more
- Expressing the character's thoughts and ideas through body posture and movement
- Adapting acting techniques to different media: stage, film, TV, and radio
- Learning the business side of acting by marketing and selling your talents effectively
Author Michael Powell strips away the preconceptions and clichés often associated with acting, and pinpoints common mistakes that inexperienced actors can avoid and overcome. Whether you're interested in pursuing a career on the Broadway stage, Hollywood screen, as a voice actor, or a combination of them all, The Acting Bible is your first step toward a creative, fulfilling career as an actor.
About the Author
Michael Powell trained at London's Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and spent several years as an actor and director before writing books on a wide variety of subjects. He lives with his wife and two children in Somerset, England.