Freelancing for Dummies (Paperback)
Are you ready to fly the corporate coop and become the boss of you? Do you dream of busting out of the cubicle wasteland and finding greener pastures as a freelancer? If so, you're in good company. The U S Department of Labor estimates that nearly one-fourth of the American workforce is self-employed and that number is sure to increase over the next decade. But do you have what it takes to succeed as a freelancer, consultant, or contract employee? Do you even know what it takes to make it on your own? Here's your chance to find out.
A total guide to starting and running a freelance business, Freelancing For Dummies is for anyone thinking about striking out on their own, or who's already decided to make the move into self-employment. It's also an excellent resource for established freelancers looking for ways to jumpstart their businesses. Written by a top corporate communication consultant, it features hard-won tips from a slew of successful freelancers, including an accountant, a wr iter, a computer trainer, a graphic designer, a market researcher, an event planner, a medical trainer and others who share what they know about how to:
- Organize your home office and budget your time
- Create the ideal working environment
- Evaluate jobs and projects
- Land new business and manage client relationships
- Manage your money and pay your taxes
- Stay positive and manage the emotional uncertainties of self-employment
Here's your chance to take the leap from employee to boss with minimal stress and minimal sweat. A survival guide to building a successful freelance career, Freelancing For Dummies features:
- Self-assessments to gauge your skills and personality
- Critical "Get in, get out" information
- A gold mine of checklists, tear-out sheets, and sample forms
- Top ten lists
- War stories from freelancers who've made it
Do you long for the freedom of being your own boss? Relax and let expert Susan Drake help you make the transition to becoming a fulltime freelancer.
About the Author
Susan M. Drake has been a successful freelance writer for fifteen years. She covers subjects ranging from working from home to operations management, marketing, and communications.