Kjv, Wide-Margin Reference Bible, Sovereign Collection, Leathersoft, Brown, Red Letter, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, King James Version (Imitation Leather)
This beautiful wide margin edition honors the legacy of the King James Version Bible in a convenient size with essential study tools and traditional red-letter text for the Words of Christ. This edition is published in large KJV Comfort Print type, which was designed exclusively for Thomas Nelson to be the most readable at any size.
The Sovereign Collection continues Thomas Nelson's long history and stewardship publishing Bibles. King James Sovereign Collection editions draw from the legacy of the trustworthy and timeless KJV with elegant letter illustrations leading into each chapter, the exclusive Comfort Print typeface inspired by centuries-old Thomas Nelson editions, and more classic Bible details.
In 1611, the King James Version Bible, also known as the Authorized Version, was published. Nearly 50 of the day's finest scholars, all from the Church of England, had been organized into six groups for the task. Using the Bishop's Bible of 1568 as the basis for this revision, the Old Testament was translated from Hebrew and the New Testament from Greek. The completed work was then peer-reviewed before being sent to bishops and other church leaders for their examination, and ultimately to King James, monarch of England and Scotland, for his approval. Today, more than 400 years since its initial publication, the bestselling King James Version Bible continues to inspire, encourage, and strengthen people from all walks of life. The KJV is considered one of the most influential and beautiful works of literature in the English language and continues to be the favorite translation for millions of Christians.
- Line-matched classic 2-column format for a comfortable reading experience
- Wide outer margins for notes and reflections to engage in deeper study
- Book introductions provide a concise overview of the background and historical context of the book about to be read
- Words of Christ in red help you quickly identify Jesus' teachings and statements
- Extensive end-of-page cross references allow you to find related passages quickly and easily
- Translation notes provide a look into the thinking of the translators with alternative translations that could have been used and textual notes about manuscript variations
- Presentation page to personalize this special gift by recording a memory or a note
- Parables of Christ shows where you can over 30 parables in the Gospels
- Reading plan guiding you through the entire Bible in a year
- Concordance for looking up a word's occurrences throughout the Bible
- Full-color maps show a visual representation of Israel and other biblical locations for better context
- Two satin ribbon markers for you to easily navigate and keep track of where you were reading
- Gilded page edges help protect the edge of the page and provide a polished look
- Durable and flexible Smyth-sewn binding so the Bible will lay flat in your hand or on a desk
- Easy-to-read 9-point KJV Comfort Print (R)