Fast Facts for the Cardiac Surgery Nurse, Third Edition: Caring for Cardiac Surgery Patients (Paperback)
Delivers the "big picture" from pre-op through extended recovery in quick-access format
This concise clinical guide provides nurses who care for cardiac patients with speedy access to information and guidelines they need to know and use daily. Heavily updated with the newest clinical practice information, the third edition emphasizes postoperative complications and the nursing interventions designed to prevent and treat them. It includes updated coverage of risk factors for stroke and congenital heart disease and discusses new antithrombotics and antiplatelet medications.
Bulleted information, brief paragraphs, boxed indicators highlighting key information, and Fast Facts boxes are included in each chapter. The book's consistent organization facilitates quick access to information on equipment, procedures, and pre- and post-op specialty care. Ideal for new graduates and nurses considering a switch to cardiac care and critical care, this resource reinforces existing knowledge and provides a foundation for developing additional skills.
New to the Third Edition:
- Encompasses the latest research and guidelines
- Emphasizes postoperative complications and care
- Discusses diagnostic testing, preparing a patient for cardiac surgery, initial post-op complications, extended recovery complications, and stroke care
- Updated rehabilitation chapter includes important patient education content
- Educates readers about new antithrombotics and antiplatelet medications
- Offers new guidelines for use of ventricular assist devices
- Focuses on patient safety throughout
- Delivers a handy pocket reference for new and experienced cardiac care nurses
- Provides bulleted information, brief paragraphs, and boxed indicators highlighting critical information
- Organized for easy access to equipment, procedures, and pre- and post-op specialty care