Fast Facts for the Triage Nurse, Second Edition: An Orientation and Care Guide (Paperback)
Emergency Nurses Association Media Award
Media Award: Fast Facts for the Triage Nurse: An Orientation and Care Guide, 2nd Edition - Lynn Sayre Visser, MSN, RN, PHN, CEN, CPEN and Anna Montejano, DNP, RN, PHN, CEN, of California
1st Edition Winner of the AJN Book of the Year Award for Emergency/Critical Care Nursing
2nd Edition Accompanied by Provider Approved Contact Hours for Continuing Education
This authoritative orientation guide for new and seasoned nurses, preceptors, educators, management teams, urgent care staff, pre-hospital personnel, and anyone working in the triage arena presents essential information to access quickly and repeatedly. Patients rarely present to triage with a diagnosis, but rather convey a multitude of complaints, signs, and symptoms. It is the job of the triage nurse to identify serious "red flag" presentations hidden among all this information while delivering individualized care and juggling wait times in often overcrowded emergency departments.
Fast Facts for the Triage Nurse, Second Edition, retains its key focus on numerous aspects of triage for emergency department and urgent care settings, from orientation, to front-end processes, to clinical practice and nursing essentials. With real-life examples, the chapters detail a multitude of clinical presentations and include procedures and protocols that the triage nurse implements in daily practice. This newly revised and updated edition covers how to build confidence in the triage role, accurately assess patient presentations, reduce personnel and hospital liability, increase patient and staff satisfaction, and, ultimately, deliver quality patient care that supports best outcomes.
5 New Chapters in the Second Edition:
- Active Shooter/Active Violence
- Emergency Management for When Disaster Strikes
- Triage Competency
- Pain Management
- Endocrine Emergencies
- Obtain up to 11.0 contact hours by successfully completing accompanying online post-tests. See inside for details.
- Receive email alerts when additional contact hours are available
- Covers essential clinical information in an easy-to-read format
- Focuses on processes, patient and staff safety, legalities, documentation, and critical thinking at triage
- Addresses specific patient populations including pediatric, older adult, human trafficking, military personnel, and more
- Offers guidance from seasoned emergency department nurses and triage educators