Hale's Medications & Mothers' Milk(tm) 2021: A Manual of Lactational Pharmacology (Paperback)
Note to Readers: Publisher does not guarantee quality or access to any included digital components if book is purchased through a third-party seller.
Written by a world-renowned expert in perinatal pharmacology, this essential reference contains current, complete, and evidence-based information on the transmission of maternal drugs into human milk. Because so many women ingest medications while breastfeeding, one of the most common questions encountered in pediatrics is: Which drugs are safe and which are hazardous for the infant?
This 2021 edition has been extensively revised, and now includes 50 completely new and 356 updated medications, and state-of-the-art coverage of multiple diseases, vaccines, and syndromes. It addresses the use of radiopharmaceuticals, chemotherapeutic agents, and vaccines in breastfeeding mothers, and covers adult concerns, methods of reducing risk to infants, and infant monitoring.
New to the 2021 Edition:
- 50 New Drugs Added
- 356 Drugs Updated with new data
- 817 Drug References Updated
- An updated 7x10 trim size and streamlined design for ease of use in patient education
- The latest information on the impact of prescription medications, over-the-counter drugs, herbs, and street drugs
- Evidence-based, current information on over 1300 drugs, diseases, vaccines, and syndromes
- Dr. Hale's renowned "Lactation Risk Categories" incorporate recent updates
- Key points and savvy tips about breastfeeding and medications for quick reference
- Common abbreviations and drugs listed in alphabetical order
- Adult concerns, adult dose, pediatric concerns, infant monitoring, and alternatives
- Succinct information on evaluation of the infant
Subscribe to www.springerpub.com/hale and experience all the benefits of using Hale's Medications and Mothers Milk online and on mobile devices Go to www.springerpub.com/hale to learn more and subscribe today