Cardiac Care: A Practical Guide for Nurses (Paperback)
In the newly revised Second Edition of Cardiac Care: A Practical Guide for Nurses, a team of dedicated and widely recognised nursing medical experts from around the world deliver an invaluable and practical guide for nurses who practice in cardiac care environments.
This latest edition includes brand new chapters on structural heart disease, takotsubo syndrome, and non-obstructive coronary artery disease. While also covering the essential topics necessary for the proper provision of cardiac care, this practical guide for nurses provides:
- A thorough introduction to cardiac practice, including the mechanics of the cardiovascular systems and the regulation of cardiac and vascular function
- Comprehensive exploration of cardiovascular disease assessment, including risk factors for cardiovascular disease, laboratory tests, and diagnostic procedures
- Practical discussions of the detection and management of heart rhythm disturbances, including ECG interpretation, cardiac monitoring, and arrhythmias
- In-depth examinations of the detection and management of acute coronary syndromes, including chest pain assessment and discharge planning
- Chapter overviews, key concepts, learning objectives and activities, with critical points intermingled throughout
Perfect for practicing nurses who care for patients with cardiac conditions, Cardiac Care: A Practical Guide for Nurses will also earn a place in the libraries of other allied health professionals in cardiac care settings.
About the Author
Angela M. Kucia, Department of Cardiology, The Lyell McEwin Hospital and UNISA Clinical and Health Sciences, University of South Australia, Australia. Ian D. Jones, School of Nursing and Allied Health, Liverpool John Moores University, United Kingdom.