Hello, Beautiful You! (A Bright Brown Baby Board Book) (Board book)
Let your little ones know how truly beautiful they are with this this precious board book -- the fourth title in our growing BRIGHT BROWN BABY series -- from New York Times bestselling and award-winning duo Andrea Davis Pinkney and Brian Pinkney!
Brown baby, born bright.
Greet the world. Spread your light.
Get ready for sweet togetherness as you snuggle up with your little one and show them how truly extraordinary and beautiful they are. With bouncing, rhythmic text from New York Times bestselling author Andrea Davis Pinkney and tender, charming illustrations from Caldecott Honor and Coretta Scott King Award-winning illustrator Brian Pinkney, this joyful celebration is the perfect way to rejoice and teach your child that they too, can spread their light!
This board book is part of the Bright Brown Baby publishing program, a celebration of Black and brown joy, babies, and families that "extends a hand to new parents wanting to tell their little ones how precious they are" (Kirkus Reviews).
And if you're looking for a gift-able picture book? Be sure to also check out the beautiful picture book Bright Brown Baby Treasury, a deluxe collection of five joy-filled poems each one celebrating our sweetest little bundles and all the happiness they bring. Just-right for new and expectant parents, baby showers, birthdays, graduations, and more!
About the Author
Andrea Davis Pinkney and Brian Pinkney have made an outstanding contribution to the field of children's literature both as individuals and as a team. Between them, they have published more than 70 children's books that have received the highest awards and accolades, including Caldecott Honors, Coretta Scott King Honors, NAACP Image Award nominations, and the May Hill Arbuthnot Honor Lecture Award, to name a few. To learn more, please visit andreadavispinkney.com and brianpinkney.net.
Andrea Davis Pinkney and Brian Pinkney have made an outstanding contribution to the field of children's literature both as individuals and as a team. Between them, they have published more than 70 children's books that have received the highest awards and accolades, including Caldecott Honors, Coretta Scott King Honors, NAACP Image Award nominations, and the May Hill Arbuthnot Honor Lecture Award, to name a few.
Praise for Count to Love (A Bright Brown Baby Board Book):
A Parents Magazine Best Board Books for Babies, Toddlers, and Preschoolers of 2021
Praise for Bright Brown Baby:
* "In a five-section treasury of poems... married collaborators Davis Pinkney and Pinkney (Loretta Little Looks Back) speak directly to children of color via joyful nursery-style rhymes and glad images of brown-skinned babies and adults with various skin tones... A radiant evocation of love." -- Publishers Weekly, starred review
* "The universality of the big and small world of the baby -- everything is so new, but the sensation of being coddled is soothingly familiar -- makes this a book for all families to share and savor." -- School Library Journal, starred review
“The Pinkneys, prolific creators of books for children, offer a guide for caregivers to affirm their babies’ senses of self-worth… the combination of encouraging text aimed at adults and simple text aimed at babies extends a hand to new parents wanting to tell their little ones how precious they are… A lovely gift and guide for new parents.” -- Kirkus Reviews
"Brightly colored, energetic illustrations, rendered in gouache, acrylic, and india ink, depict Black and brown family members in various combinations... Affirming and inviting, this book will be well used in baby storytimes and family read-alongs" -- Booklist
Praise for Martin Rising: A Requiem for a King by Andrea Davis Pinkney, illustrated by Brian Pinkney:
A Washington Post Best Book of the Year
A Kirkus Reviews Best Book of the Year
A New York Public Library Best Book of the Year
A School Library Journal Best Book of the Year
* "Unique and remarkable." -- Publishers Weekly, starred review
* "Each poem trembles under the weight of the story it tells... Martin Rising packs an emotional wallop and, in perfect homage, soars when read aloud." -- Booklist, starred review
Praise for A Poem for Peter by Andrea Davis Pinkney, illustrated by Steve Johnson and Lou Fancher:
A Publishers Weekly Best Book of 2016
A Kirkus Reviews Best Book of the Year 2016
A Chicago Public Library Best Book of the Year 2016
A Sydney Taylor Award Honor Book
An ALSC 2017 Notable Children's Books list pick
* "Those who love Peter (and who does not?) will relish the illustrations, particularly that of Keats holding hands with Peter under a snow-dappled tree. More to the point, Pinkney lets readers know what Peter meant and still means as a milestone in inclusive children's literature. 'He brought a world of white / suddenly alive with color.' A loving and forceful reminder that Keats' Peter is our Peter -- always." -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "Fancher and Steve Johnson's acrylic, collage, and pencil illustrations seamlessly integrate images from Keats' books into their own art, which employs a style complementary to the originals. Equally important they skillfully represent Pinkney's lyrical text, which sometimes requires historical accuracy, magic realism, and nods to future possibilities, all within one spread... This is an important book." -- Booklist, starred review