SAT 1600 with Online Test: Aiming for the Perfect Score (Barron's Test Prep) (Paperback)
At Distributor - We Can Usually Get It in 3-8 Days!
Students who are focused on getting an exceptionally high or even perfect score on the SAT will want to study with Barron's SAT 1600, which is up-to-date for the current SAT and provides effective strategies and practice for tackling the SAT’s hardest questions.
SAT 1600 includes:
- A brand-new section devoted to 50 "Challenge" Questions (25 in Reading and Writing and Language and 25 in Math) that reflect the most difficult question types, provide extra practice material, and include detailed explanations
- Two practice tests: one in the book and one online
- Upper-level vocabulary lists to bring students’ word power up to college standards
- Detailed review, tips, and strategies for both the reading test and the writing and language test
- Focus on the evidence-based question types
- Practice questions and answer explanations for all question types, including detailed discussion and examples of all math problem types
- An overview of all sections of the latest SAT, a test-day checklist, and two comprehensive study guides (one for the Reading Test, the Writing and Language Test, and the Essay and one for the Math Test)
- An entire chapter devoted to preparing for the optional Essay section
- A thorough appendix that includes a vocabulary building exercise, useful math formulas, useful numbers to memorize, and more
About the Author
About the Authors
Linda Carnevale holds a Master of Arts from Columbia University’s Teachers College. Formerly an English teacher at Cold Spring Harbor High School, Long Island, New York, she currently prepares students for the ACT and SAT and is the author of Barron’s Hot Words for the ACT, Hot Words for the SAT, SAT 1600: Aiming For the Perfect Score, and ACT English, Reading, and Writing Workbook, and she has also been published in a variety of local and national publications. Her poem “Daisies Grow on My Windowsill” was recently selected for publication in an anthology of poems about Long Island.
Roselyn Teukolsky has an M.S. degree from Cornell University and was a math and computer science teacher at Ithaca High School in Ithaca, New York for more than 30 years. She has taught physics, chemistry, biology, ecology, and oceanography. She has published articles in The Mathematics Teacher and in the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Yearbook. She is the author of Barron’s AP Computer Science A review book and flashcards, ACT Math and Science Workbook, and coauthor of Barron’s SAT 1600: Aiming for the Perfect Score. She has received the Edyth May Sliffe Award for Distinguished Mathematics Teaching and the Alfred Kalfus Distinguished Coach Award from the New York State Math League (NYSML).
About the Publisher
In the 1930s, Manuel H. Barron opened a bookstore in Brooklyn, New York.
People from the community asked Mr. Barron about books that might be available to help their children study for the New York State Regents exams. After realizing there wasn't anything available, Mr. Barron's created his own study guides.
80 years later, Barron's has helped millions of people prepare for their next step.