The Book of Self-Care: Remedies for Healing Mind, Body, and Soul (Hardcover)
Special Order - Arrival Times Vary
Heal mind, body, and soul with this collection of self-care rituals and tips.
Never has the idea of mindfully checking in with ourselves and creating a "whole body" health--health that is more than simply the absence of illness--been so appealing. In this guide to self-care, wellness and beauty educator Mary Beth Janssen reveals how introspection, ritual, and love can help cure existential woes. She profiles a wide range of activities and exercises, including:
- Karma Cleanse: How to cultivate/give lovingkindness, compassion, and forgiveness in yourself, and then pay it forward.
- Intention, meditation, and breathwork techniques: Exercises for calm and centered living.
- Emotional Housecleaning: How to deal with unprocessed emotions "stuck" within yourself.
- Setting Healthy Boundaries: Check-in exercises for relationships that will help you reevaluate and build your support network.
- Tips for nourishing yourself, deep sleep, and beauty rituals to celebrate your body.
About the Author
Mary Beth Janssen is a highly respected wellness and beauty educator who teaches experiential mind-body health, sustainability, and organic lifestyle seminars, workshops, and retreats. She speaks at prestigious events worldwide--and has shared the same stage with the likes of Dr. Mehmet Oz, Bob Greene, and Suze Orman, among others. She's a certified MindBody health / Ayurveda educator for the Chopra Center for Well-Being--personally trained by Deepak Chopra, MD, and partner, David Simon MD. She's also a certified massage therapist, aromatherapist, herbalist, master gardener, and a registered yoga teacher (through the Yoga Alliance). Mary Beth is faculty for a college-level Green Certificate Program for adults that has now been running successfully for three years (and a "Green" certificate for kids at summer camp!). She writes the "Ask the Organic Beauty Expert" column for Organic Spa magazine and has authored six books, including her most recent: Pleasure Healing: Mindful Practices and Sacred Spa Rituals for Self Nurturing (New Harbinger). She serves clients in both the health care and spa realms, such as Rush University Hospital, Edwards Hospital, and Advocate Health Care Systems, as well as the Unity Wellness Group. She lives in Chicago.