Pro C# 9 with .Net 5: Foundational Principles and Practices in Programming (Paperback)
This essential classic provides a comprehensive foundation in the C# programming language and the framework it lives in. Now in its 10th edition, you will find the latest C# 9 and .NET 5 features served up with plenty of "behind the curtain" discussion designed to expand developers' critical thinking skills when it comes to their craft. Coverage of ASP.NET Core, Entity Framework Core, and more, sits alongside the latest updates to the new unified .NET platform, from performance improvements to Windows Desktop apps on .NET 5, updates in XAML tooling, and expanded coverage of data files and data handling. Going beyond the latest features in C# 9, all code samples are rewritten for this latest release.
Dive in and discover why this book is a favorite of C# developers worldwide. Gain a solid foundation in object-oriented development techniques, attributes and reflection, generics and collections, and numerous advanced topics not found in other texts (such as CIL opcodes and emitting dynamic assemblies). With the help of Pro C# 9 with .NET 5 you will gain the confidence to put C# into practice, and explore the .NET universe and its vast potential on your own terms.
What You Will Learn
- Explore C# 9 features and updates in records, immutable classes, init only setters, top-level statements, patterns, and more
- Hit the ground running with ASP.NET Core web applications and web services
- Embrace Entity Framework Core for building real-world, data-centric applications, with deeply expanded coverage new to this edition
- Develop applications with C# and modern frameworks for services, web, and smart client applications
- Understand the philosophy behind .NET
- Discover the new features in .NET 5, including single file applications and smaller container images, Windows ARM64 support, and more
- Dive into Windows Desktop Apps on .NET 5 using Windows Presentation Foundation
- Check out performance improvements included with updates to ASP.NET Core, Entity Framework Core, and internals like garbage collection, System.Text.Json, and container size optimization
Who This Book Is For
Developers who are interested in .NET programming and the C# language
"Amazing Provides easy-to-follow explanations and examples. I remember reading the first version of this book; this is a 'must-have' for your collection if you are learning .NET "
- Rick McGuire, Senior Application Development Manager, Microsoft
"Phil is a journeyman programmer who brings years of experience and a passion for teaching to make this fully revised and modernized 'classic' a 'must-have'. Any developer who wants full-spectrum, up-to-date coverage of both the C# language and how to use it with .NET and ASP.NET Core should get this book."
- Brian A. Randell, Partner, MCW Technologies and Microsoft MVP
About the Author
Andrew Troelsen has more than 20 years of experience in the software industry. Over this time he has worked as a developer, educator, author, public speaker, and now team lead and lead engineer. He is the author of numerous books in the Microsoft universe. He holds a master of science degree in software engineering (MSSE) from the University of St. Thomas and another in computational linguistics (CLMS) from the University of Washington. Phil Japikse is an international speaker, Microsoft MVP, ASPInsider, Professional Scrum Trainer, and a passionate member of the developer community. He is the lead director of the Cincinnati .NET User Group and the Cincinnati Software Architect Roundtable, and he founded the CincyDeliver conference, Currently, Phil works as a Director of Consulting and Enterprise Architect. Follow Phil on his blog (skimedic.com) or on Twitter @skimedic.