Red War (A Mitch Rapp Novel #17) (Mass Market)
BEFORE YOU CONTINUE SHOPPING, PLEASE NOTE!
On a temporary basis, beginning on April 2nd, your online book orders with Harvard Book Store will be processed and fulfilled by our partners at Bookshop.org/shop/HarvardBookStore. Please use this link to shop for books.
During this time, we will not be processing book orders placed here on shop.harvard.com.
We will ONLY be processing the purchases of Harvard Book Store gift cards and harvard.com gift codes made on shop.harvard.com during this time. All book orders must go through Bookshop. (Gift cards and gift codes cannot be used as payment at Bookshop, but can be used when we return to regular operations at Harvard Book Store and harvard.com. Learn more here.)
You can still support Harvard Book Store with book purchases during this time! Shop our recommendations and reading lists (or search the database for more available titles) on bookshop.org/shop/harvardbookstore—30% of all sales from this link will go to Harvard Book Store. Read more about the temporary switch here. THANK YOU!
Other Books in Series
This is book number 17 in the A Mitch Rapp Novel series.
- #1: American Assassin: A Thriller (A Mitch Rapp Novel #1) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #2: Kill Shot: An American Assassin Thriller (A Mitch Rapp Novel #2) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #3: Transfer of Power (A Mitch Rapp Novel #3) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #4: Executive Power (A Mitch Rapp Novel #4) (Hardcover):
- #5: Separation of Power (A Mitch Rapp Novel #5) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #6: Executive Power (A Mitch Rapp Novel #6) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #7: Memorial Day (A Mitch Rapp Novel #7) (Mass Market):
- #8: Consent to Kill: A Thriller (A Mitch Rapp Novel #8) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #9: Act of Treason (A Mitch Rapp Novel #9) (Hardcover):
- #10: Protect and Defend (A Mitch Rapp Novel #10) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #11: Extreme Measures: A Thriller (A Mitch Rapp Novel #11) (Mass Market):
- #12: Pursuit of Honor: A Novel (A Mitch Rapp Novel #12) (Mass Market):
- #13: The Last Man: A Novel (A Mitch Rapp Novel #13) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #14: The Survivor (A Mitch Rapp Novel #14) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #15: Order to Kill: A Novel (A Mitch Rapp Novel #15) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #16: Enemy of the State (A Mitch Rapp Novel #16) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #18: Lethal Agent (A Mitch Rapp Novel #18) (Hardcover): $28.99
- #19: Total Power (A Mitch Rapp Novel #19) (Hardcover): $28.99
This instant #1 New York Times bestseller and “modern techno-thriller” (New York Journal of Books) follows Mitch Rapp in a race to prevent Russia’s gravely ill leader from starting a full-scale war with NATO.
When Russian president Maxim Krupin discovers that he has inoperable brain cancer, he’s determined to cling to power. His first task is to kill or imprison any of his countrymen who can threaten him. Soon, though, his illness becomes serious enough to require a more dramatic diversion—war with the West.
Upon learning of Krupin’s condition, CIA director Irene Kennedy understands that the US is facing an opponent who has nothing to lose. The only way to avoid a confrontation that could leave millions dead is to send Mitch Rapp to Russia under impossibly dangerous orders. With the Kremlin’s entire security apparatus hunting him, he must find and kill a man many have deemed the most powerful in the world.
Success means averting a war that could consume all of Europe. But if his mission is discovered, Rapp will plunge Russia and America into a conflict that neither will survive in “a timely, explosive novel that shows yet again why Mitch Rapp is the best hero the thriller genre has to offer” (The Real Book Spy).
About the Author
#1 New York Times bestselling author Vince Flynn (1966–2013) created one of contemporary fiction’s most popular heroes: CIA counterterrorist agent Mitch Rapp, featured in thirteen of Flynn’s acclaimed political thrillers. All of his novels are New York Times bestsellers, including his stand-alone debut novel, Term Limits.
Kyle Mills is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of nineteen political thrillers, including Red War for Vince Flynn and The Patriot Attack for Robert Ludlum. He initially found inspiration from his father, the former director of Interpol, and still draws on his contacts in the intelligence community to give his books such realism. Avid outdoor athletes, he and his wife have lived in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, for over twenty years. Visit his website at KyleMills.com.
"Outstanding . . . Mills is writing at the top of his game in this nail-biter."
— Publishers Weekly (starred review)
"Kyle Mills continues his impressive run of must-read thrillers with RED WAR, a timely, explosive novel that shows yet again why Mitch Rapp is the best hero the thriller genre has to offer. . . and why Mills is the only writer capable of filling the enormous void left by Vince Flynn."
— The Real Book Spy
"Events lead to a dramatic, you-got-your-money's-worth conclusion. Good, escapist fun."
— Kirkus Reviews
"All action from start to finish . . . a page-turner all the way up to the climatic finale that you just can’t put down."
— Red Carpet Crash
"In the world of black-ops thrillers, Mitch Rapp remains the gold standard. Mills has embraced the high-concept-thriller style and continues to exceed expectations."
— Booklist (starred review)
"The characters drive the story and Mitch Rapp continues to be a mainstay of the modern techno-thriller."
— New York Journal of Books