Drafting and Negotiating Commercial Contracts (Hardcover)
This book is the 'one-stop-shop' for practical contractual matters, making it essential reading for anyone involved in negotiating and drafting commercial contracts.Answering questions such as 'How do I draft my contract clearly?', 'What will happen if my contract is interpreted by the English court?' and 'Why are liability clauses so full of legal jargon?', the book includes: - A guide to the common legal issues in negotiating and drafting contracts
- An explanation of the structure and content of a commercial contract
- The meaning and use of commonly-used words, phrases and legal jargon
- An explanation of key UK contracts legislation, including the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and the Consumer Rights Act 2015
- Steps to take, and what to check for in a contract to eliminate errors
- Practical measures to protect documents from unwanted alteration, to remove metadata and sensitive information and to secure documents Fully updated to take account of important court decisions regarding the interpretation of contracts and changes in consumer legislation, the Fifth Edition also includes: - A new chapter on termination of contracts
- New material on administering of existing contracts and modern methods of executing documents (eg DocuSign)
- New and updated examples of contract drafting techniques
- Additional definitions of legal terms used in contracts This title is included in Bloomsbury Professional's Company and Commercial Law online service.
Mark Anderson is Managing Partner of Anderson Law LLP and is ranked as a leading individual in Chambers & Partners UK 2022 for both life science transactions and intellectual property. He has over 35 years' experience of advising technology-based companies and universities based in the UK, continental Europe and the United States on drafting and negotiating commercial contracts. Victor Warner is a solicitor at Anderson Law LLP specialising in intellectual property and technology law. He is the principal author of Technology Transfer (4th Edn) and is co-author with Mark Anderson of A-Z Guide to Boilerplate and Commercial Clauses (4th Edn), a companion volume to Drafting and Negotiating Commercial Contracts, and Macdonald's Exemption Clauses and Unfair Terms (3rd Edn) (all published by Bloomsbury Professional).