Panther Tanks: German Army and Waffen-Ss, Defence of the West, 1945 (Tankcraft) (Paperback)
Special Order - Arrival Times Vary
Other Books in Series
- #1: Tiger I and Tiger II: Tanks of the German Army and Waffen-SS: Eastern Front 1944 (Tankcraft #1) (Paperback): $19.95
- #2: Sherman Tanks of the British Army and Royal Marines: Normandy Campaign 1944 (Tankcraft #2) (Paperback): $24.95
- #3: Panther Tanks: Germany Army and Waffen Ss, Normandy Campaign 1944 (Tankcraft #3) (Paperback): $22.95
- #4: Churchill Tanks: British Army, North-West Europe 1944-45 (Tankcraft #4) (Paperback): $22.95
- #16: Cromwell and Centaur Tanks: British Army and Royal Marines, North-West Europe 1944-1945 (Tankcraft #16) (Paperback): $24.95
In late 1944 and 1945 the Panther tank played an important role in Germany's desperate efforts to stem the Allied advance on the Western Front. The Panther, perhaps the best armored vehicle produced by Germany during the Second World War, was a key element in the Wehrmacht's defensive tactics, in rearguard actions and counterattacks, and it took a prominent part in the last German offensive of the war, in the Ardennes during the Battle of the Bulge.
So it is an ideal subject for Dennis Oliver's latest volume in the TankCraft series. He uses archive photos and extensively researched color illustrations to examine the Panther tanks and units of the German army and Waffen-SS panzer battalions that struggled to resist the Allied onslaught.
A key section of his book displays available model kits and aftermarket products, complemented by a gallery of beautifully constructed and painted models in various scales. Technical details as well as modifications introduced during production and in the field are also examined providing everything the modeler needs to recreate an accurate representation of these historic tanks.