The Old Farmer's Almanac Vegetable Gardener’s Handbook: A Gift for the Gardening Lover (Paperback)
A Gift for the Gardening Lover
- New and experienced gardeners find this book (companion to the Flower Gardener’s Handbook and Container Gardener’s Handbook) to be so useful that it is now in its sixth printing!
- Created for novices, aspiring growers, green thumbs, and old hands alike, The Old Farmer’s Almanac Vegetable Gardener’s Handbook is loaded with advice and inspiration to guarantee success for every vegetable garden—and every gardener!
- Contains step-by-step advice for successfully growing 32 vegetables; scores of timesaving tips and proven veggie-growing techniques; more than 150 stunning, full-color photos; insightful and entertaining anecdotes from experienced gardeners; recommended varieties; essential reference tables and charts; dedicated pages for recording ongoing observations; and much more!
- The Old Farmer’s Almanac, founded in 1792, has a strong presence in the gardening information field that includes such products as the annual Garden Guide (available in both print and digital formats), the Garden Planner (an interactive online resource for planning and recording garden activities), the Gardening calendar (a perennial favorite of gardeners and nature lovers for more than 45 years that has been the #1 best-seller in garden calendars on Amazon), and the Gardening Club (a membership opportunity that offers people a selection of Old Farmer’s Almanac gardening and related products every year).
- The Old Farmer’s Almanac reaches millions through its powerful presence on Almanac.com and the Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest social media platforms. In addition, a daily e-newsletter promotes the Almanac family of products to more than 600,000 recipients, and a biweekly gardening e-newsletter reaches 157,575 gardeners.
- 54% of young adults (ages 18 to 34) would rather go to a garden center than a nightclub.
- According to latest trends for popular gardening projects, “Creating vegetable gardens” is #1.
- Growing vegetables offers folks—even those who have only a small space—the opportunity to grow their own food, get outdoors and exercise in a wholesome environment, feel the peace of working with nature, and enjoy the satisfaction of watching plants develop and thrive through one’s own efforts. Growing one’s own food also offers a sense of security in these days of supply shortages and high prices, and a bountiful harvest provides a perfect opportunity for sharing with family, friends, and the community. Vegetable gardening also provides people more choices in variety and flavor than most grocery stores can offer and allows them to have more control over the use of pesticides on their food. Fresher, healthier, and satisfying—it’s no wonder that vegetable gardening is such a favorite pastime!
Founded in 1792, The Old Farmer’s Almanac has been providing guidance on growing a bountiful garden, timekeeping, running a smart and happy home, and enjoying the many wonders of Earth and sky for more than two centuries! America’s best-selling and longest continuously published periodical, it features articles, information resources, and tips that are always “useful, with a pleasant degree of humor.” The Almanac also produces books on gardening and cooking, an annual Garden Guide, the Garden Planner (an interactive online resource for planning and recording garden activities), a collection of calendars (including the best-selling Gardening calendar), a biannual Almanac for Kids, and EXTRA! (a monthly e-magazine). The Old Farmer’s Almanac also reaches millions through its powerful presence on Almanac.com and the Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest social media platforms.