Complete Guide To Fasting: Heal Your Body Through Intermittent, Alternate-Day, and Extended Fasting (Paperback)
At Distributor - We Can Usually Get It in 3-8 Days!
The ultimate resource on intermittent fasting, the incredibly effective therapeutic approach to weight loss that produces life-changing results—no matter which diet you’re following.
Whether you’re new to intermittent fasting or you want to fine-tune your fasting plan, this is the intermittent fasting manual for beginners and experts alike, packed with loads of good information on how to build the right fasting program for the best results.
Here you’ll find everything you need to get you through your first fast, including a 7-Day Kick-Start Fasting Plan and 20 healing recipes. Get the guidance you need on all your intermittent fasting questions:
- How does intermittent fasting work, and how do you successfully combine it with diets and eating preferences such as keto or low carb?
- How does intermittent fasting amplify weight loss and improve many other health conditions, such as type 2 diabetes and heart health?
- Which fluids are allowed and can even aid fasting, and which will break your fast?
- What should you expect when you start fasting, and how do you avoid potential negative effects?
- How do you manage hunger and create the right mindset?
- What are the different fasting types and protocols, including 16:8, 20:4, alternate day fasting, and other extended fasts?
About the Author
Dr. Jason Fung earned his medical degree at the University of Toronto, where he also completed his internal medicine residency before heading to UCLA for a fellowship in nephrology (a branch of medicine concerned with the kidneys). He currently practices as a kidney specialist in Toronto. During the course of treating thousands of patients, it became clear to Dr. Fung that the epidemic of type 2 diabetes and obesity was getting worse. The prevailing dietary recommendations for reducing dietary fat and calories were clearly ineffective. In response, he founded the Intensive Dietary Management program (intensivedietarymanagement.com) to provide a unique treatment focus for type 2 diabetes and obesity that promotes simple yet effective dietary changes rather than focusing on medications.
“If you are new to intermittent fasting and need support in terms of recipes, planning and research-backed benefits, The Complete Guide to Fasting: Heal Your Body Through Intermittent, Fasting is the best intermittent fasting book to start with.”