Keto: The Complete Guide to Success on the Keto Diet, Including Simplified Science and No-Cook Meal Plans (Paperback)
At Distributor - We Can Usually Get It in 3-8 Days!
The ketogenic diet has gained in popularity, but that has led to some bad information being shared. You can do keto right, and you can do keto wrong. This book is all about how to do keto the right way!
Despite what health science has beaten into us over the last fifty or so years, humans thrive on high-fat, low-carb diets. Millions of people around the world have discovered that a ketogenic lifestyle is the key to weight loss, disease prevention and intervention, and a more vibrant life. Gone are the days of constant hunger and low energy. This book leads you on a path to better health, a slimmer waistline, elimination of cravings, and endless energy. Craig and Maria Emmerich have partnered to write a book that digs deep into the science of ketogenic dieting, explaining how dozens of diseases can be cured or controlled through keto and how ketogenic diets are fueling a new breed of athlete—all in an easy-to-understand way that breaks down the complicated science for you.
Keto is the definitive resource to the ketogenic lifestyle. Inside, you’ll learn
• How you can beat cancer, obesity, metabolic syndrome, coronary artery disease, high cholesterol, Alzheimer’s, dementia, ADHD, anxiety, and depression into submission by making some simple yet impactful changes to your diet
• How cholesterol and diabetes medications could very well be making you sicker rather than better
• How generations of bad advice—designed to sell sugar, not health—has killed millions who blindly trusted the medical community and, worse still, the government to tell them the truth
• How overconsumption of carbohydrates is bad for your health and could be at the root of what ails you
• How changing your inputs—the foods you eat—can change your outputs, meaning your quality of life
• How our bodies work, including oxidative priority, fat flux, and lipolysis, explained in such a way that everyone can understand how our bodies really process what we put into them
• How inflammation is at the root of many diseases and how modern diets that are rife with sugar, carbs, and omega-6 oils are sending us to early graves
• How hormones control mood swings, sex drive, blood sugar levels, muscle tone, fat-burning ability, metabolism, the immune system, and much more—and how adopting a ketogenic lifestyle can change your waistline and your life
• How to stock your pantry with the right foods and make meal plans that are delicious and easy to follow and, most importantly, are the pathway to a longer, healthier life
• How you can build muscle and perform at your best on a low-carb, high-fat diet (No, we’re not making that up!)
• Which foods are the most nutrient dense to feed our cells the vitamins and minerals they need
• How to sort through the confusion and conflicting information about what a ketogenic diet is
This book clears it all up, dispelling the myths of ketogenic diets. So, enjoy those healthy animal proteins. Gnaw on that rib bone. And say no to that plate of “heart-healthy” pasta. New York Times bestselling author Maria Emmerich and her husband, Craig, are going to take you on a journey to a new life—one that helps you lose weight, build muscle, and live the life nature intended you to live!
About the Author
Maria Emmerich is a wellness expert in nutrition and exercise physiology and the founder of keto-adapted.com. Maria's success stems from her passion for helping others reach and sustain optimal health through programs and education that works on a personalized level. Maria has been asked to speak around the world about the ketogenic lifestyle and works with celebrities such as Halle Berry.
After struggling with her weight throughout her childhood, Maria decided to study health and wellness so she could help others who are discouraged by their appearance and do not feel their best mentally. She understands the connection between food and how it makes us all feel on the inside and out. Her specialty is brain chemical neurotransmitters and how they are affected by the foods we eat. She is the author more than 16 cookbooks and three nutritional guidebooks, including global bestseller Keto Comfort Foods. Other books include Keto-Adapted. Maria’s blog, mariamindbodyhealth.com, includes a unique combination of innovative recipes using alternative ingredients to less-healthy options and easy-to-understand explanations of why these options are better for our health.