The Nurse Manager's Guide to Budgeting and Finance, 3rd Edition (Paperback)
Nurses focus on the art and science of caregiving, but nurse managers are faced with the economic reality of patient-staffing ratios, budgets, reports, and accounting. Acronyms such as FTEs and ADCs can feel like a foreign language, but thankfully, help is available.
Updated to include details about key legislation that will affect budgeting, The Nurse Manager's Guide to Budgeting and Finance, 3rd Edition, provides practical tools, tips, and strategies for running a unit that you weren't taught in nursing school:
- Operating and capital budget development and planning for the year
- Formulas and calculations for full-time employee hours, variances, and benefit costs
- Explanation of financial statements, budgets, and reimbursement documents
- The relationship between high reliability organizations (HROs) and finance/budgets
- Differences between not-for-profit and for-profit institutions