History of the Vikings: A Captivating Guide to the Viking Age and Feared Norse Seafarers Such as Ragnar Lothbrok, Ivar the Boneless, Egil Skal (Hardcover)
Explore the Captivating History of the Vikings
The predominant modern image of the mighty Viking warriors has become that of the warmonger and marauding berserker. In popular culture, the Norsemen, portrayed as giant, sword-wielding men with flowing hair and bushy beards, have been reduced to a one-dimensional tribe of ruthless warriors, who cared little for the communities they attacked and plundered.
Men like Ragnar Lothbrok, Eric Bloodaxe, Ivar the Boneless and Bjorn Ironside are portrayed as preying on unsuspecting communities and spreading fear across Europe as they laid waste to all that lay before them, taking what they wanted at the point of a sword.
It is true that the Vikings were, without a doubt, brutal men living in a brutal age. They did use their skills as warriors to relentlessly attack Europe and the British Isles to increase their wealth and territory, but that is not all the Vikings were, and their contribution to world history is far more than warmongering.
In this captivating history book, you'll not only learn about heroic warriors in battle but you'll also discover the remarkable achievements made by the Vikings.
In History of the Vikings: A Captivating Guide to the Viking Age and Feared Norse Seafarers Such as Ragnar Lothbrok, Ivar the Boneless, Egil Skallagrimsson, and More, you will discover topics such as
- The Rise of the Mighty Vikings and the Viking Age
- Significant Viking Raids and Battles
- Ragnar Lothbrok - Man or Myth
- Ivar the Boneless - Ruthless Warrior, Leader of the Great Heathen Army, and Conqueror of England
- Bjorn Ironside - Raider of the Mediterranean
- Harald Fairhair - First King of Norway
- Eric Bloodaxe - Terrifying Family Killer
- Egil Skallagrimsson - Warrior Poet/li>
- Sweyn Forkbeard - The Forgotten King of England
- King Olaf Tryggvason and the Rise of Christianity in Norway
- Harald Hardrada - The Last Great Viking Ruler
- The Viking Age of Exploration
- The Significance of the Settlement of Iceland, Greenland, and Vinland
- Viking Society and Everyday Life
- And much, much more
So if you want to learn more about the History of the Vikings, click "add to cart"