Magical Britain: Rediscovering Our Animist Landscapes & Sacred Sites (Paperback)
At Distributor - We Can Usually Get It in 3-8 Days!
This richly illustrated guide to 650 places will appeal to those who want to explore Britain's lost animist landscape of fairies, folklore, myth and paganism. Discover pre-Christian healing shrines and Norse mythology. Learn where rock, water and hill spirits come alive, and their meaning - Where to find sites associated with fairies, mermaids, dragons, giants and other mythological beings
- Places featured in the stories of King Arthur, Merlin and the Celtic Saints
- Creation stories, spirits in the stone and entrances to the Otherworld
- Places of healing, divination and wish-making
- Secret shrines, sacred sites and ancient rituals
- The Goddess in the land
- Norse gods and mythology.