Everyday Bread: 100 Recipes for Baking Bread on Your Schedule (Hardcover)
At Distributor - We Can Usually Get It in 3-8 Days!
Simplify the baking equation to add up to bread, of all kinds, on any schedule, as often as every day.
Introducing the only cookbook to put homemade bread and convenience in the same sentence—whether you're a beginner baker or an enthusiast. Learn seven core recipes and then manipulate them into different shapes and flavors with ease for tons of new breads. Fit bread into your schedule with flexible, customizable timetables. Maybe you're looking to get bread on the table tonight, or maybe spreading steps over a few days is better for you. Recipes follow both paths, with new, streamlined techniques, no specialty equipment, and even loaves with no yeast, kneading, or shaping. You won't believe the chewy, open crumb and ultracrisp crust you'll get from no-knead Dutch oven–baked loaves, the ease of quick breads that come together with a stir, and the dinner possibilities for flatbreads of all kinds.
- Bake fast with a lively new roster of quick breads: Three-Ingredient Bread mimics yeasted loaves with a simple stir. Potato Biscuits with Bacon are on the dinner table in an hour.
- Master 7 core dough recipes and then remix with confidence: American Sandwich Bread levels up to loaves swirled with spicy zhoug, crusted with seeds, or shaped into multipurpose buns and bâtards.
- Impress with our reinvented Rustic No-Knead Bread: You don't need experience to turn out a beautiful bakery loaf. Cherry-Pistachio Whole-Wheat in a few folds, anyone?
- Get unbelievable crust and crumb with your skillet or Dutch oven: No specialty equipment in this book.
- Make recipes straight through, or hit the pause button and return when it’s convenient: Have warm Sticky Buns in the morning or Thai Curry Butter Fan Rolls with dinner, even on a Tuesday.
- Make your daily bread do work for your weekly meals: Homemade flatbreads like Mushroom Musakhan win over delivery on a weeknight, rustic Spicy Olive Bread makes a topped toast lunch.
- Learn what to do with all the bread you’ll make: Toast it, top it, crouton it—bread has endless uses.
About the Author
Bio: America's Test Kitchen publishes award-winning cookbooks, along with Cook's Illustrated and Cook's Country magazines and produces public television's top-rated shows, America's Test Kitchen and Cook's Country. It is also home to an interactive online cooking school that gives students directaccess to test kitchen experts. Its goal is to teach essential recipes and skillsthat will make home cooks more confident in the kitchen.