Medieval England: An Enthralling Overview of the English Middle Ages (Hardcover)
If you want to discover the enthralling history of medieval England, then keep reading...
Knights, monks, kings, plague, war, Vikings, revolts, and so much more appear in the six hundred or so years known as the medieval period of English history. Our culture has romanticized many of these elements, and the Middle Ages has become full of stereotypes and tropes that appear again and again in movies, books, and even in our imaginations. But what was it really like?
This book will separate the myth from reality and reveal what you know about medieval England and what you only think you know. It covers a sweeping overview of the period and dives into many of the fascinating facts and stories that have made people love the Middle Ages for so long.
In this book, you'll learn about:
- How England got started
- What it took to be the best and worst English king
- Why you wouldn't want to be a peasant in the Middle Ages
- How one of the greatest catastrophes in human history, the Black Death, unfolded
- The harsh punishments that kept the peace
- How the church became the most powerful organization of the period
- Why armored cavalry stopped being used in battles
- What medieval people did for fun
- And much, much more
Scroll up and click the "add to cart" button to learn about the incredible medieval period of English history