Compost, Vermicompost and Compost Tea (Kobo eBook)
What are the advantages of making one's own compost? Is there really a benefit to using compost as opposed to building soil organic matter through other means? How can the decision about compost making affect a farm's economics? Part of the NOFA Guides series, this manual will help answer these questions, and is specifically intended to address the conditions faced by organic farmers in the Northeast.
Information on composting techniques, including:
- Principles and biology of composting
- Temperature, aeration and moisture control
- Composting methods
- Materials (additives and inoculants, biodynamic preparations)
- About costs (site preparation, equipment, labor and time)
- What do you do with it?
- Compost tea and other brewed microbial cultures
- Compost and the law
With extended appendices including a recipe calculator, potting mix recipes, and a sample compost production budget sheet.